Video for today:
Youtube: Brandon Clark: I can't take it anymore. August 12th 2026:
https://youtu.be/L3asM4iiBDo?si=Mm-kl0SFRSNjddVo
I put a comment on this persons video. But it was a comment about how I had also avoided 'victim mindset' by being appreciative of things. Which is something I am working on. Rather than looking back on my past and regretting my health conditions preventing me from socialising and getting established. I thought perhaps I should appreciate that they lead me to spend loads of time thinking through this kind of stuff.
But, it is not of the mindset of the kinds of people that make or view that video and the comment just sat there with no likes. So I deleted it. I often delete comments recently.
As a summary then. This guy is talking about how he coaches a lot of guys. And a lot of guys have what he calls a "victim mindset". In that they keep making excuses for why they couldn't exercise. Things like 'I was travelling and couldn't work out'. But he has given his clients body weight exercises to do when you can't go to the gym. Things like that.
I do not struggle with disciplining myself to go to the gym. The reason being, is that when you are ill and unemployed; you have to invest a lot in leisure. So actually doing things constructive becomes the novelty. I know it sounds bad. But I have been very ill in the past. I am getting better now. But that is the reality of the situation. When you have periods where you cannot do anything. Like, you CANNOT do anything constructive, because of illness. What you do in the day for leisure kind of becomes the 'main event'. Since the illness is causing stress, kind of like how a job would. So you need mental time off from that as well.
Plus, for whatever reason it is. I don't struggle with motivation to get to the gym. Perhaps it is high stress levels which only the gym seems able to meet.
But there is one area where I do struggle to motivate myself. And one extremely important area for my life...
Meditation.
One of the things that has stopped me a few times is exhaustion. Like, after surgery. But even that is not a great excuse. I find prayer to be exhausting sometimes. I don't have the energy for it if I have been in a particularly hard workout or something. But meditation... It isn't actually a huge energy expenditure. I just don't do it because I don't want to do it. Outside the times when I do.
The psychological effect of meditation I have found to be so unbelievably powerful. A distinct change towards a positive frame of mind. A distinct change to less of any kind of victim mindset. A slight but significant increase in intuition. That really mounts up. Just making very decision 10% better.
In effect. The world when I meditate vs. the world when I don't meditate is a functionally different place. So if I have the option of two different world views. One is the meditation world view. One is the normal world view... Which should I choose?
Obviously the former. To this end I am trying to figure out what would increase my likelihood at regularly meditating. I think, doing it at the same time everyday would help. So that is what I plan to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment