Monday, 10 August 2026

The exhausting game of spiritual teachings.

Writing another post, the last one was just a few hours ago.

I have been writing a lot slower for a while. Perhaps I am making up for that. Also, the sun is out, and it unbalances my medical condition. I have already had inconveniences. That combined with collapse at the gym at roughly the same time means this week will probably be spent doing very little so that means, I will likely prioritise spirituality a great deal this week. With spirituality comes the outlet of said spirituality in the form of this blog. I have trouble at about 26 degrees. It will be 31 later this week. 

Youtube: Melissa Dougherty: Bizarre Channeled Spirits, Jesus & Truth: May 6th 2025:

https://youtu.be/StGJwBNybjo?si=zP-ycDpD9xQeMevv

To me, this is an extremely annoying and incoherent video. Perhaps that is not the fault of the woman making it. Perhaps it is. 

The first part that is annoying. Not wrong necessarily. Is her characterisation of new age teaching, including the Law of One. There is a problem I have started to perceive out there in the world. That is, that nobody is really teaching the Law of One, what I would consider... "properly". When I say properly, I do not mean like the people at llresearch where if you bring up an argument against forgiveness without contrition. Reference session 34.6, and things like the Law of Free Will. They ignore you. Just ignore you. Don't engage with the material. 

This is not a person that can teach the material then. 

I have searched far and wide for teachers in this area. Probably not that far and wide since I would prefer to just read the book. But I remember going through llresearch's links page and finding a few people. The last one I went on there was an article something like: "Charlie Kirks subtle and dangerous demonisation of minorities". 

The Law of One reddit was practically orgasmic when Charlie was shot. Not the main people perhaps. And everyone can go on a reddit sub. But I thought that was interesting all the same. There was no one defending Charlie. There were pro him getting shot and neutral. So Llresearch attracts leftists clearly. 

Aaron Abke isn't much of an exception to this in my view. Firstly, Aaron doesn't actually teach the Law of One, not at all. He teaches veganism, and the Law of One did not support that. He is quoted in this video talking about having to 'destroy the ego' and all that:

Questioner: Can you tell me how you balance the ego?

Ra: I am Ra. We cannot work with this concept as it is misapplied and understanding cannot come from it.

The problem with the Law of One is that NO ONE is getting it right. Llresearch teaches forgiveness without contrition. I have found enough Q'uo readings, and got enough refusal to discuss the issue from the people there to know that. There are many other points they would not like to be challenged on. Many things they just stop speaking if you bring up the subject. 

So yes, Melissa summarises what she thinks new age beliefs are in this area and gets it wrong. Is that her fault? or is it because no one is coherently teaching it? Aaron is teaching what he believes, not what the Law of One teaches. At least, not exactly. 

Another issue I have with her video is that there are really a lot of claims in Aaron Abke's works. Like, videos and videos of them. That she goes nowhere near addressing. I suppose you can't do that in a one hour video. But the points she replaced these with were not particularly compelling.

For instance, one thing Aaron talks about is that when Paul met Jesus on the road to Damascus. What he claims was Jesus. When Paul had his vision. He was blinded by Jesus. Does that sound like Jesus? Jesus was a healer of the sick and the blind in many cases. Does it seem like Jesus would do that?

Also, in one of the biblical books. A woman possessed by a demon followed Paul and two friends for three days espousing the greatness of Pauls message. 

I am not saying these things are correct. I have myself not been able to go all the way with Aarons teachings. As I have talked about recently. But to push back against a spiritual teacher. Does it not seem at least polite to push back on his technical points? Aaron has laid out a powerful and highly technical argument. Does it seem fair. Does it seem 'good faith'. To just ignore all those points and then write a video repeating the mainstream Christian points with only one biblical quote?

Anyway, it did suddenly make me wonder what I thought of all this? Where I put myself if any of these incredibly mind numbing points were to come up in conversation.  

For anyone here that followed me due to the Law of One and has any loyalty to its material. I think you would likely share my understanding that Carla being so incredibly Christian has leant credence to Christianity and perhaps set her up as an idol in that manner? Also, it seems to have been given a subtle nod by the contact itself. As though looking at the books beckons you on the path of Christianity. When I found it I was an atheist. 

Carla, had faith, real faith. Carla used her faith to get through the whole thing with daily arthritis. But... well I don't have that same faith. My faith, my ideas and thoughts and things, come with a lot of questions. 

For me, it is all more of a trial and error thing. I pray, it works well, stop praying, get ill. I do communion, it works well, stop communion. Get ill. Have a whole spiritual crisis and dissociation. 

When I had a serious schizophrenic break (as serious as it gets!) I felt my mind unravelling, and I felt 'Jesus' holding me together after I prayed to him. So it feels a little dishonest to not identify myself as at least 'kind of' Christian. 

This same thing works with all the things I currently use. Meditation. Dream Interpretation etc.  

But even engaging with any of these people simply sounds so completely exhausting! The bible is one book that has had many different political events surrounding it. It has been copied and screwed with many times. I just... find it very unsatisfying to even look at it that much. For me, it was convincing that Paul was the one that started off Communion and it wasn't necessarily a Jesus thing. I tried to stop Communion, and it did not go well at all! So trying to understand the bible and its meaning. While everything practically useful comes from the Law of One itself! 

It's honestly all just so exhausting.

I also wanted to end with a little joke as well. This women defines truth at the end as something that is objective. Like, the sky is blue because we can see its blue kind of thing. This is a person that believes that a mythical figure from the distant past takes away all her sin if she does something wrong. That that figure actually experiences her sin. Or did in one powerful moment about 2000 years ago. 

That is just not objective at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment