Wednesday, 26 August 2026

The path is straight and narrow.

Karen Mitchells psychopathy research. 

All day, I have been drafting in my head, an incredibly intense blog, taking in information from a women called Karen Mitchell. Who wrote a new book on psychopaths - or what she calls Persistently Predatory Personalities. Upending a lot of what is said about them. Adding in a lot of research and context which takes an understanding of them. An understanding of this subset of conscienceless people. Far closer to what the Law of One talked about in terms of service to others entities.

When I was young, a teenager, I got really interested in psychopaths. I have brought a lot of books on the subject. But what they talked about was a creature that was a different thing, it was nowhere near what the Law of One conceived of as 'service to self' behaviours. 

Karens perspective is that these types of people are strongly, strongly averse to any revelation of the kind of people they are and so, a lot of them go into psychopathy research and intentionally skew it. One source that she quotes says that about 85% of their behaviours and energy goes towards making sure they are hidden from the world. So they will go to a charity and not even do any of their evil deeds at that charity, since the charity for them is serving only one function. They will create entire marriages just to shield themselves from scrutiny. 

I was then going to branch out and think about what that might mean for our society. Because for me, it changes the perspective. As I read this, it changes my perspective on what societal problems really are. A lot of people think the problem is ideological capture, or sin of one description or another (lust, greed), maybe lack of tradition and familial and community connections. But for me, understanding these personalities shifts my perspective on a lot of what the problems might really be and what is needed to fix it. Even in traditional societies, these types would have existed. It may have been what has caused a good amount of the fuel for feminism (both the trauma of male abusers keeping women in marriages, and sociopaths then becoming part of feminist causes).

This expanded out into political and various sociological thoughts which I have decided are of a transcient nature. So I wanted to focus on what we might experience during this specific moment in history. I don't think it would be an understatement to say that a lot of our society is dysfunctional. With things like a broken economy. It is dysfunctional in a way that cannot be ignored. In a way that interferes with our lives even if we want to stay away from 'transcient' matters! 

Powerlessness.

Focusing on myself but I am SURE that my experience is relevant to many others. (But not every other!) There really isn't a lot that I can physically do to change my circumstances in any meaningful way. I cannot get a job. I have a medical issue limiting me from some roles. The jobs I apply for I barely even get responses to for years on end. 

A similar thing, a similar lack of power goes for both potential intimate relationships and friendships. I suppose it is not 100% that if I approached a girl and such it would go badly. There are lots of degenerate unemployed that do sleep with a load of girls (but even that is not necessarily a thing of motion. A thing that grows into a productive relationship!). But, to me, it is highly likely this would be the case, and if you add in disability, and the lack of previous experience, as an issue, it makes the whole thing even more difficult. Friendships are somewhat similar. My life is limited due to the disability and the issues it creates where a lot of my friends have a lot going on - they have grown up and become adults with responsibilities. My power over those situations is not particularly high - I might not meet them for years on end if they have other things going on. Not least because I don't have any particular leverage in these situations.

That sounds like moaning doesn't it? Maybe it is. But it is also serving to illustrate something that is relevant to this post. My relative position of powerlessness. Both the bible and the Law of One though, mention the straight and narrow path. I have often come back to this teaching in thinking things over.

What do I have power over then?

While, it is not much, in the everyday sense of the world. These are not things that have real material effects. I do think there are things I do have power over and that I can do that may eventually improve my situation. 

The gym. My stats are unchanging. I have one of those good scales that measures everything like body fat, bone density, muscles mass etc. None of my stats are changing. They are going up and down but not changing. Nevertheless, they do not need to. Changing myself into someone that exercises regularly is a long process, and I am reliably able to get to the gym. 

The gym is one of those things that you can work at for a long time, an annoyingly long time apparently, and not see much change. Then suddenly, you do. So the gym is one of those things that you just plug away at and then perhaps later get results. You do the same thing every week. So it is like a straight and narrow path. Only improving on basic things in relation to it. Like nutrition or stretching or other surrounding things. 

Dream interpretation, the Law of One, and philosophical teachings: All of which take up a position that gains very powerful insights. Extremely positive and powerful perspectives. But none of it can necessarily be translated to material success except indirectly. You feel better in the day so you are more active or more engaged perhaps. 

The insights I get from dream interpretation are really next level. They give me insights into people that those people would not suspect. 

The only other area is meditation, prayer and affirmations. So spiritual practices that are a little more grounded.

In a sense, in a situation where I am powerless, any of these particular practices might mean a breakthrough or might allow me to take advantage of changes in the political landscape.

Same for everyone?

Even though as I said I have friends who have more going on in their lives. More 'adult responsibilities'. This does not mean they have more power. If someone has a child for instance, they are controlled by the childs needs, a similar thing once you have a business, money and bills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment