I had a long blog planned on the subject of porn. Since the UK government has put in the Online Safety Act. I have not watched it. I do not want to give the government my info to watch porn and I don't want to use a VPN. I don't care enough about porn to look for it under these circumstances.
It seems to have changed my thoughts and mindset significantly. I really saw nothing wrong with it before. Like, I really didn't. Especially because I am chronically single with not a lot of chance of getting into a sexual relationship. When people discuss porn it is always framed in a certain way. It is often framed by women that men have this super objectifying sense towards women if they watch porn.
But, being women, I don't think they have any particular clue what it does. For me, it has seemed to have done the opposite. I have become distinctly less positive towards women since stopping porn. I have gotten over a kind of feeling that women are super cute and lovely, and have become more of what feels 'objective' about them. Most of the workplaces I have been at. The messages I have sent with a few small exceptions. Women have treated me in a very unpleasant manner, and it feels like I should emotionally acknowledge that. Or that I simply have on some level.
But, like I said, something else has come in to interfere with my natural thought process today.
I am reading the Law of One properly this time. I have read it twice recently. But I am reading it as to make careful notes on it. It is a way of reading that I would like to use a lot. You can't do that with fiction. Or, at least, it doesn't seem logical to. But philosophy, science, psychology. To retain the information and make it go deep, those kinds of notes are very useful. When you make notes you can link the information to things you already know or believe.
Reading it properly though. Making notes. Considering things. Deepens the understanding and depth of the material. We all have a kind of Dunning Kruger I think where when we first see things we underestimate their complexity. This is true of philosophy. People just think they have perfect moral reasoning because they exist. But when you go into philosophy, (which is one of the highest IQ majors), you start to feel your brain rewiring. You realise that life itself is more complicated than you assumed.
As it is with the Law of One. There is so much of it that is kind of easy. That just sounds basic. Like 'One Infinite Creator'. That could have been written by a person. But the more you go into it. The more "alien" it becomes. The more you re read things and realise they are significant. Even though you might have skimmed them before. Some things, like this, are just so utterly alien that I don't know where to being with it:
To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.
This is from session 5.2.
No idea where to go with this. But I have talked before about not being able to find ways of healing. This is a different healing than most of them. It is not energy healing or working with nutrition. Or any of the usual healing methods. So perhaps it offers some light in the improving of health?
No comments:
Post a Comment