Saturday, 12 September 2026

Commitment to abstract principles.

One of the things I see in life is that it is fairly rare for a person to have a commitment to abstract principles. This could be religion/ philosophy, something that is partially outside of them, a set of rules they might have to re read every so often to make sure they are properly applying it. I suppose you could say peoples abstract principles are those values they already hold. But it's not quite what I mean. If someone already has some principles they hold. The likely benefit to having entirely internal values is that a good deal of the time (but not everyone). The person will substitute just what they emotionally feel like doing in the moment.  

I have had this conversation in the past... "What values are you committed to that supersede your own emotional preferences?" If those emotional preferences are things I deem to not be compatible with me seeing that person. I.e. if the person is condescending in some manner. I want to be able to say to them 'this behaviour is not compatible with this value'. 

In truth, I have not held strongly to this condition. But I have held to it somewhat I suppose. I have not insisted on an intellectual outlying of a persons value system. But I have used this language to explain that certain behaviour is not OK and when that behaviour has changed, and when the person wants to change. I have seen the person again. 

The gym is fantastic. It has now started to become the most important thing in my self improvement. Above meditation or prayer. Sometimes I really need both of those things. Prayer for when things seem to strangely be going off the rails. But the gym is providing such obvious and powerful health improvements. Such unbelievable senses of good feeling. That it has become the priority. I also go on these bodybuilder guys youtube. It shows a lot about human nature that I did not previously realise. 

One thing that I have seen recently is a video from two guys who said that people treat you very differently once you have gained the muscle. If they have gained like 30 pounds muscle from a healthy bodyweight. All of a sudden people are asking loads and loads of advice from them and just assuming a huge amount of competence. Giving them work/ leadership opportunities and such. 

Stefan Molyneux talked about a concept like this. He said that if people want to know if what you have to offer is legit. They will tend to look at the person to see if their own advice is working for them. You wouldn't go to a poor financial advisor or an unfit personal trainer. 

In a sense. I am showcasing the spiritual things I have talked about here. The Law of One, the Human Design Chart. However, I have a disability. I have a primary health condition and a few secondary issues stemming from that. This definitely prevents movement forward in the gym and most specifically, I don't have a huge flexibility over my diet. So for me, even though I am using some of the best tools there are to use, in my opinion. It probably isn't actually going to show up in my life a great deal. 

But I suppose. They do make me more loving and not resentful about a lot of life circumstances. It is very within the Law of One way of being it seems to me to accept a simple life. 

People, in general, have a lot of problems. All these sociopaths, drug addicts and leftists running about. All this child abuse. I am not saying my health condition is worse than those other issues. I was just wondering about the promotion of those spiritual types of things.

I have not kept up with reading philosophy as much as I would have liked to. But the notes I have made on what I already have read have been giving me value.

Recently I have been fretting a bit about how the information from David Wilcock has messed up my mind a bit. How his model, even little things that he used to say that I would be committed to. Just absolutely poisoned my world view. An example is thinking about TV shows. I used to believe that there were loads of deep negative agendas in TV shows. Or that there was disclosure in TV shows and it really perverted my understanding of the story. Those kinds of thoughts took up a lot of 'mental real estate'. However, on having those thoughts and experiencing anger about them. I am reminded of this passage by Nietzsche. In the 11th section of Beyond Good and Evil:

One can do no greater wrong to this whole high- spirited and enthusiastic movement, which was really youthfulness, however boldly it disguised itself in hoary and senile concepts, than to take it seriously, and an even worse injustice, to treat it with moral indignation; it is enough to say that one grew older - and the dream disappeared.

This is just a casual comment by Nietzsche. It is not like... a coherent expression of a fundamental part of his philosophy like the will to power or anything (which he never actually wrote!) But even this casual comment is very useful and meaningful to me, and it shows I'm on the right track I think!

The Law of One and music. 

The only other issue I have been thinking through is these insights from the Law of One on 'transcient information'. I want to get back to music. I do play music, but I cannot seem to write music, specifically songs, anymore. I want to get back to the feel I had. The ease with which I wrote music. Before my 2014 schizophrenic break where... well, I got into a lot of political concerns to explain what was happening in the world that I had not previously perceived. It was a 'red pill' moment for me.

This set me up with a different feeling and belief system in the world. The song I made about the 2014 schizophrenic break. Was dark and mysterious and pulsed with real feeling. But, in that case, before 2014. I still had the old model of the world. The kind of 'blue pilled' or 'centre left wing' model. 

In this model. I basically didn't think of politics. Besides how it effected me. Which was in making my life difficult as a jobseeker. But something about this model allowed me to look out into the world and make music about the things I experienced there. 

It could be other things. Age in general. Social experiences. Hair (if the Law of One says hair is an antenna and I have lost most of mine!) 

But I thought it would be worth exploring. I have kind of had the 'intuition' to explore. Is that the first viewpoint was more in line with the Law of One. With seeing things in a Law of One way because I did, in fact, have very little understanding of politics.

My perspective now has a deep understanding - relative to that understanding. Of the subject. And of all the generally negative tendencies of a lot of peoples perspective on all these things. 

It also involves me in almost daily discussion on this. Including nasty tweets sometimes. Like, in this Lindsay Clancy situation. Someone asked on twitter: "What would be the difference if she had killed someone else kids instead of her own?" and I quote tweeted with "The brand of woodchipper". I just saw a tweet that annoyed me; which was a cheap feminist jab that seemed to miss the relevant emotions in an issue and I wanted to, but didn't, quote tweet it with something like "Foids don't understand grief". 

I am wondering if part of the Law of One in considering everyone part of the Creator. Which might include boycotting these kinds of comments and this kind of material a lot. Is that it would get me to experience the world more in line with being the kind of "channel" I want to be in music. 

It could also be other things that I just need to practice a whole lot. But I do practice anyway. So I do not think it is that. Or that I need to listen to more of the kind of music that I want to create.

Just thinking it through. Anyway, those are my thoughts for today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment