From a left wing commentator, but a good one!
'Theresa May's election strategy is to do the least amount necessary to look like you give a fuck... I believe that a strong and stable, blah blah blah, what do you believe?'
'At least Thatcher had a life force about her.'So far in this election:
From the manifesto:
- Only a 12 mile border enforced on fishing waters. Rather than what's needed at 200.
- Continuing to give money to the EU. Edit: This one is wrong
- Wishy washy non specific statements about beliefs in low tax... I.e. an increase in tax. (The whole point of the right is reduced tax)
- Money going to social justice funds.
- Immigration stated reduced to below 100,000 but no time given for when it would happen.
- Staying in the European Court of Human Rights.
And in the election:
- Places strong Tory remainers in Safe Seats. Most of which want to pay the EU's arbitrary divorce bill.
It's a fudge!
So I'm just going to have to get on with my life then and find other things to talk about... My local independent candidate I mentioned before who supports Universal Basic Income... Well I asked her where the money will come from for that and she said that we already have enough money for a Universal Basic Income the welfare budget just needs to be handled better!... OK, she definitely belongs in a white jacket screaming at the walls.
A very ironic protest vote!
I did think of one way I could engage though, donating a bit to UKIP! Don't have the funds right at the moment though.