Friday 12 July 2024

Psychological theory of Cognitive Dissonance.

Here is a video that is unlisted on my youtube page. The reason that it is unlisted is that it is not watchable in my view without some written clarification as to what I feel is incorrect in this video:


https://youtu.be/iooMamI8PBQ


In the first part and later on I talk about prayers. Specifically not doing the "Armour of God" prayer. This is wrong and it was only when I came back to myself significantly that I was able to see that. I don't know if the force pushing against the sensible daily habit of saying this prayer was "negative" or it was just something internal to me. But I have now gone back to these badly needed prayers. 


The rest of the video though I still value greatly and might put into another video. I basically explain a psychological process. A powerful psychological process. One powerful enough to brainwash people without torture. And how it can kind of twist us up into a pretzel in our daily lives. But how, in my case, it is jettisoning the "conspiracy mindset" and paranoia from deep within my being. 


I also believe this process underlies a lot of our daily psychology.

No comments:

Post a Comment